WhiteWolf Within

WhiteWolf Within
Based on Whitewolf Within

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Road There

The Road There
by graywolf32 3/12/2012.


In a city
beyond the horizon
full of colorful light
I walk amongst the people.
in a drab world
off in the distance
I see the light of day.
I imagine all the people there
that laugh and play.

I wonder from street to street.
Road to road
highway to highway.
Trying to find my way there.
There was a time.
One of its people
came to visit.
And in that moment.
The world had gained a new color.
It gained a new depth
Life in that moment
had gained new purpose.

I wanted to see for myself.
I begged the visitor
to let me see his house.
He smiled and left
taking with him
the life I had felt within.

I tried to follow ducking in and out
yet, there was nothing I could do but shout.
He was gone,
and I couldn't follow no more.

I watched the distant light
day and night.
It never dimmed.
I struggled to get there.
Nothing ever brought me closer.
The city was there.
However, all the roads I took
led nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment