WhiteWolf Within

WhiteWolf Within
Based on Whitewolf Within

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Everything is Someday, but Never Today

This is a blast from the past.  As are a few of the pieces posted. None, yet are as old as this one.  Writing became a part of my life in 1996.  I had a best friend that loved writing stories in high school. He had a huge knack for it.  As most of us struggle with who we are in that time of our lives.  I pondered the possibilities and in 1996 I started with artistic expression through poetic prose.  Many of my writings back then were darker, but always ended with hope.  Strange how that balance came to be.  I always tried to find a clever / whitty way to play on words. This is one of those I felt like posting because it merges the use of whitty play on words with a theme that is true for anyone whether it's today or 13 years ago...

Without further ado:

Everything is someday, but never today.

By GrayWolf 6/14/98

 
Someday the world may end,

will it be today?
Someday God will come,

Will it be today?

Someday everything imaginable may happen,

but what will be today?

Some say that someday

I may find love.

I don't even know what it is,

how can anyone tell me

it's something I'm searching for?

Some say to me,

that someday I'll be happy,

How can anyone be "happy"

in the midst of a war?

Maybe I'm cynical.

People say that someday

everything will be so very fine.

Who would want to care about today,

when we can speak of someday?

upon which day may I mark "someday"

upon my calender.

Is it a holiday?

If so, what do we do to celebrate?

Someday I may be old,

Someday I may be dead,

Someday I'll live,

someday I'll know love,

who can say?

Some say live life and be happy,

Does it pay?

A tear shed for me,

a tear shed for you,

what does it matter?

Our days may be so very few.

Someday this or that

I'd rather be a door mat

that says "welcome today,

rather than a rich man that says

"Come back some other day."

For today, I can say welcome,

but tomorow may never come.

Who knows maybe someday

things might be different,

Someday......

No comments:

Post a Comment