WhiteWolf Within

WhiteWolf Within
Based on Whitewolf Within

Saturday, November 26, 2011

This is my first attempt at writing something within a blog. Everything up 'till now has been things I've written in the past, and reposted here.  Seldom do I write something then share it immediately without first determining whether it's something be shared with the world, or belongs in my private library of random musings.

I don't usually write the title until the end, unless, I have something specific in mind.   Rarely the case. My musings are fairly random.  Well, rather than writing about writing, how 'bout I do the seriously weird thing and write?   Enjoy this musing. 

Choices
By Graywolf 11/27/2011


Lightning flashes all around.
The waves crash.
Sometimes feeling like we're going to smash.

The lightning flashes all around.
The winds pound.
There's no hope to be found.

Alone in the seas of life.
Losing to the stryfe.

The sky is dark.
The day is supposed to be bright.
Oh where is the moon's Light?

Staring at the sky.
The clouds roil and billow.
There's an uncertainty.
The weather is in chaos.
For some reason so many of us are at a loss.
We cannot explain the storm.
And we're all about to drown.

One comes from a deep sleep amidst the storm.
And asks what's wrong?
Is there answers in religion?
Is there answers in the divine?
Is there answers in the astroligical sign?
Is there answers in the sublime?

Whom do we ask?
The ship sinks.
Torn to pieces.
The sea of life has overwhelmed us.
How long can we tread water?
How long can we survive alone?

What have we done.
Our vessel broken.
The storm unrelenting.
Why can't we just smile and have fun?

The storms perist.
Yet for some reason we'd rather resist.
The seas tries to swallow.
The incredible power of nature overwhelms.

When do we surrender?
Surrender to the tides?
Why do we fear being torn asunder?
We welcome life's blender!

Still as we lose ourselves.
We still somehow hope as we sink to see the sun.
We hope that somehow the stars might shine.
We think that somehow we'll survive as we drown.

Whom will save us?
Ourselves?
Why would we look  within
When we can look to others?
Thinking they can save us as we drown.

The lightning flashes brighter.
The sea swirls announcing our doom.
The  moon's glimmer in the clouds fades.
The darkness invades!

Can we not save ourselves?
Are we so hopeless and lost?
Have lost the will to fight
To fight for that which God Entrusted us?
Our lives are our own
We are entitled to let ourselves drown.

Ha, seem them all washed away at sea?
I shed no tears for those lost gone down before me.
I tried.
I tried.
I tried to save them all.

I tried to be that which I am not.
I am no savior.
I am no one.

The lightning flashes around me.
The clouds reveal the moon to me.
In some kind of bow
The moon, lightning, put on a dazzling show.

I stand at shore.
Exhausted from swimming.
For many moons and storms I tread water.
Then I learned to swim.

As the others looked around
just waiting to drown.
Hoping someone would save them.
There was no one.
I tried.
I tried to save them all.
It was I that would take the fall.
I am no savior.

Now, on shore I take my leave.
I toss a rope now and then.
Those willing to navigate the stormy waters.
Those willing to try to save themselves
can swim to the rope.
I will give them that small hope.

So many drowned.
So many lost to life's sea.
The ship abandoned and broken.
No sails.
No rudder.
No lazy winds to follow.
In new territory within the land of the free.
I wonder the roads alone in life
helping others unload their strife.

Will you drown or will you take up the rope?
Will you try to find hope?
Or do you give up and drown?
The world is full of the fallen.
There are few that choose life.
Life is free.
It's a simple choice.
I'm no one.
I'm nothing.
I simply chose life for me.

What is your choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment