WhiteWolf Within

WhiteWolf Within
Based on Whitewolf Within

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Zombie Diaries: A Zombification Tale; (9) Conclusion!

12/1/2014 - Present
Dirk continued to weep as he read that fateful entry. He was so close to a cure, and it eluded his grasp from this point forward. But it confirmed everything he had worked toward up to that point, and everything afterwards was for nothing because he finally realized that this particular turning point and he had reached the epidemy of his research, and what he sought to accomplish was unaccomplishable. 

Journal Entry 6/7/2013
Time of entry: 1:17AM

I Dr. Dirk Fingler am documenting my huge discovery today. I am so elated, there is hope, there is hope for the human race!! I have discovered and confirmed the cure to zombieism.  I think my staff saw me as maniacal or hysterical today. Muahahahaahah!! Heh, Just a hideous laugh to reenforce their view of me. Heh. :) :) :)   I write the smiley faces because it's a reflection of the hope I feel for myself and the human race based on the findings I found over the last two days. 

It seems like it has taken forever, but I have finally discovered what I believe to be the cure to zombieism.  I have to wait to see what the effects are fully.  But, so far the results are amazing.  I am so ELATED!! Even if people do not agree with my assessment of society falling into the zombie apocalypse. I have the cure and that's all that matters.

So, On this day, the 7th day of the sixth month of the two thousand and fourteenth year since the Christian savior performed his own miracle of resurrection from the dead, I too have found the salvation for the human race.

It's so simple my fellow scientists and colleagues. It's so beyond the understanding of the scientific community it almost eluded me as well, though I had many suspicions over time that led me to believe my ultimate findings.  First, I'll detail my experiment that is the basis of my elation and my findings. 

I took several petrie dishes of living zombie blood.  One of them my blood, others from extractions from the basement (carefully extracted so as not to become their food or whatever-- I had to flood the room with noxious gasses.   It seems even zombies are not immune to high concentrations of gasses.)  I retrieved blood from several specimens in various states of zombieism. 

I had submitted over time that my hypothesis on curing zombieism was actually the degradation of meaningful human relationships.  As humans turned more and more to lust and disregarded the care, respect, and need for human love, I hereby submit and confirm that as lust came to the center of human society, so did barbaric human traits, pre-self awareness.  Embedded in these ancient parts of the brain is barbarism, lack of speech, extreme focuses on anger and self preservation to the point of violating each other.  There was limited, if any respect for other individuals, and it seems these pre - "human" parts of the brain were simply guided on instinctual being with limited emotional control (If any). 

That is my supposition.  Quite simply in laymen's terms, Zombi genes have always been in our blood, they became more and more active over generations, as love turned to lust and love was left behind.  I am deeply alarmed that my supposition is an accurate reflection of the current state of human affairs.

So, how do I know this and how do I test for this.  When all the other more factual scientific efforts failed I had eliminated the most obvious of possibilities.  That the genetics were some form of blood defense.  When in reality, it was quite simply a degeneration of human evolution.  Human progression into the information age did not actually smarten the race or continue the race on it's evolutionary path. In fact, as humans let go of human emotion and more importantly the concept of human love, humans quite frankly degenerated.  Lust without Love led me, led us, led the entire human race to its destruction. Not nuclear bombs, not some atom smasher accidently creating a black hole.  It was quite simply the removal of love from the human equation. 

The test then, that proves my theories, is repeatable, is measurable, and is completely scientific.  I would encourage you, my fellow collegues to try and repeat my findings. I guarantee you will get the same results as I did.  So, without further ado, the cure.


I thought about how to invoke feelings of love and charity.  How can one make blood in a petrie dish feel "loved" ???

So, I went out and got an array of music, small sets of speakers, several sound proof cabinets.  And put each dish in a cabinet with a couple dozen different love songs, I put two different love songs with each dish and had them repeat.  I tried a combination of contemporary love songs from the 50s and 60s, I tried classic rock love songs from the 80s, and finally I tried some country love songs (PUKE).

I put them on repeat and tested for the blood for the zombie genes for the last two days.  Within 24 hours of the music playing, 8 of the 12 dishes had the zombie genes completely missing.  As if they just disappeared into thin air. I'm unsure where they went or if the blood quite simply mutated and treated them as a virus and irradicated them.  Just to be sure, I switched some of the dishes around with different music that hadn't worked. And the remaining four dishes within the last 10 hours also showed no signs of the zombie genes. 

I have no choice but to assume now that love is the irradicating element that would restore the genes back to their original states and allow humans to recover.


I am immediately implementing human trials. Actually  a massive human trial.  I have Ran large speakers into the room in the basement. Other than the eight songs that didn't work I am playing the 16 songs that did work and putting them on repeat. I am about to turn the music on now, as loud as it will go to see if I can actually revert any of the living zombies into some form of pre-barbarism state.

I will update my results tomorrow after the music has had a chance to play for 24 hours straight. I am so overjoyed I may have found my own cure. I'll be listening to music myself with headphones for the next 24 hours as well.

Dr. Fricken happy Dirk Fingler Signing out. XOXOXOXOXO my zombie Apocalypsed avoidant world!!!

Dirk, put the sheet down and open his watery eyes.  Recalling the joy he felt.  And the hopelessness that came afterwards when he realized the next day and the next weeks that the music had no effect on the zombie horde whatsoever.  Of course it all made sense.  Blood at a cellular level was one thing, but, to "Make" anyone actually feel a full emotion, an emotion as complex as Love, was an entirely different story.  No matter what he tried, he could not make the zombies "feel" anything. 

Dirk sat back down in his office chair.  And wrote out his final entry for anyone that would listen to see and read.    It was his last entry, there was nothing else he could do. ......



Present:

'And now for something completely strange in the news, Monica, you have this outrageous story!! Please tell our viewers what you have found out so far.  For our viewers, Monica is reporting LIVE! at the Milton-Fingler Research Institute where some hideous research has come to the forefront.  Monica, take it away! "  The well dressed, well combed, thin, news anchor gleefully said as the camera zoomed out and was replaced with a head shot of a blond, blue eyed, short well placed hair.  The lady was smiling at the camer as she spoke.  The camera panned out and took in a big building with glass double doors.  "Thank you Ted, I am reporting live at the Milton-Fingler Research Institute where gruesome crimes have been purportedly been taken.  I need to warn my viewers out there that what they will be seeing in the next few minutes is horrific.  Please keep children away!! "

The Camera Panned out more and showed half a dozen ambulances all lined up at the front of the building and numerous police cars with police running in and out of the building.  "Jim, get this" The lady points emphatically off camera.  The camera spins around making almost making any viewer watching sick.

"Ladies and gentlemen they are bringing out the person souly responsible for these heinous crimes.  He was the lead researcher here and after interviewing a number of his staff, they all felt he was a bit weird, but never believed him capable of these crimes.  You are seeing Dr. "Zombie" Dirk Fingler.  He was the lead scientist here, but, he turns out to be a 'mad' scientist. "

The camera shows Dirk in his white beard and thin white hair in a blood stained white lab coat.  His eyes were facing the ground.  He looked at no one as the police literally carried him out of his office and were about to stuff him into a police car. "Dr. Dr. Fingler, is there anything you'd like to say to our viewers before you're carted off to prison for the rest of your life."

Several policemen hold his arms as he looks up and into the camera with his deep brown eyes.  "Yes, There is something I would like to say.  I have discovered the cure to stop Zombieism.  There is no hope for people already zombified, but for anyone not showing signs yet, there is a cure, a prevention. "
The cops start to pull him away and he looks back at the camera and mouths inaudible words at the camera. Evidently the microphone had been turned off as it quickly panned back to the onsite news anchor. 

"There you have it from the good, should I say, mad doctor himself.  Dr. Dirk Fingler, is taken away to put an end to the madness that surrounds this research center.  Let's go have a first hand look at the research performed him."
The television goes blank for a minute, and then comes back on showing what looks to be a normal desk with papers scattered about, and a PC.

"This office looks pretty normal my viewers, but let's have a first hand look at the sick case of what went on here."

The camera bounces around as the camera goes down the stairs to the holding room.  "Here my viewers, is the the vileness that rivals the Silence of the Lambs!! 

The camera pans past the anchor and takes in the room through the glass windows of gant looking people walking stiffly around. Some of them bloody, and others with black and blue sunken eyes.  The camera zooms in on the sunken eyes, the skin tight arms and legs, then takes in the floor and zooms in on male genitalia just laying on the ground.  The people are at best wearing tattered clothing. Some of it stuck to them in blood, and others are purely naked with their skin so tight that individual bones can be seen. The people just randomly barely walk about the room.

"Doctors are on their way to take each of these people to the hospital to try to treat them as best as we can.  These people show signs of sexual abuse, malnourishment, and severe severe torture.  To my audience, this is so horrendous being here in person seeing this. What you see is nothing compared to the first hand views of theses poor poor people. 

The camera bounces again and someone comes running to the anchor with a sheet of parchment and hands it to the anchor.  My audience, I've just been handed what looks to be a journal or diary entry of some type. I'm being told that the good mad doctor journaled all of his crimes.  Evidently to brag about his accomplishments.  This is the first hand view of his last journal entry, the ink is still a little fresh.

The camera zooms in on the final entry:
"I, Dr. Dirk Fingler, now realize that society will not understand my findings.  After having to take in several officials against their will because they too were zombies. I have no choice but to file my final entry for someone to find when the apocalypse is already upon us.  To you, I write this entry in the hopes that I can give you hope.   First of all the stages of zombieism:
Stage 1.  Flaking of skin near the groin.
Stage 2. Increased metabolism and vitality, symptom most likely would be increasing weight loss.
Stage 3.  A lust for raw meat.  Not disruptive, but the craving is there.
Stage 4.  Increased strength, this happens slowly as the metabolism increases, but, the strength will definately be noticable.
Stage 5. Final stage, is complete degeneration of the groin, and massive elevations of anger and massive increases in vitality and strength.  However, by stage 5, your brain will have evolved to minimal thought and be completely instinctual.
I leave you my friends with ... They are pounding at my door.  I don't have time to ..853215. .......

May the human race sur.........an ink streak blotches across the page and several tears in the parchment indicate where the fountain pen pressed too hard.

The camera Pans back to the News anchor and the screen is paused...

"So Jake, after seeing it for the hundredth time, have any thoughts on what it means?"  A fat gruff, bearded man, completely disheveled in old tattered blood stained jeans and tattered t-shirt that said "Jakes Muffler Repair" on it, was standing holding a 12 guage shot gun with the end facing up.  A pistold holstered in his thick belt with a gold horse for a belt buckle. " The bearded Jake looked away from the tv and chewed on his toothpick some more.  Turned his attention to Brad... "Brad" In a degrading southern accent. "I don't fuckin know what it means yet, but, I think we should check out the guys house.  He was onto something, he has or knows of the cure.  I think what he mouthed at the camera was also important, I just need to watch it in slow motion some more, I'm no lip reader though Brad.  This Fuckin sucks. 

"Jake, I don't want nuno that swearin, anymoor, got it hon?"  A long brown haired hazel eyed thin beauty walks up to Jake and puts her arm around him.  She's dressed in a tattered t-shirt that shows her bra underneith and a pair of skin tight shorts that look like they weren't quite designed for her.  Jake just looked at her and gave her short peck on the cheak, she smiled up at him as she considered the mid day heat.  "Well, We're a long ways from Milton-Fingler Research Institute." Brad broke into the moment.  Brad was a tall slim fellow, dressed in western clothing.  A western vest and a western cowboy hat, steel towed boots, and jeans too big for him.  But they fit well enough with a belt.  Holstered on his hip were two revolvers, and across his back were two rifles criscrossed behind him.  Beside him rested a well warn backpack covered in dust and faded colors. 

Brad looked to the two before him.  "What yah thinkin?  Do we head out? "

Brad, Jake, and Trina all looked at each other.  No words needed to be said, they took each other's hands and walked out the door of the appartment where they had been reviewing the footage that had been on some type of replay..  They had stopped for supplies when they came across the video.  The fact the tv was on, was a warning, but, no one was there, just a couple bloated corpses pretty much decayed and devoured by nature.  The stench had been intolerable, but, the footage was worth it. It was their first big break since losing Fred.  The trio made their way out into the sun, they each contemplated the meaning of the video. The video that had shown to be years old and so they had no idea whether it offered any hope or not for saving what remained of the human race.  How much remained was just as unknown as the cure to the three that went out on foot in search of a vehicle with sufficient fuel to get them to their next stop....

Zombie Diaries: A Zombification Tale - Ends, Yet, The Zombie War Now Begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment